Sunday, August 2, 2009

Maybe we should try Dock Diving??

Sadie demonstrated her love for water this past week at Boshkung Lake in Carnarvon.
I always knew she liked the pool at my parent's house, but having a big lake to play in was a whole other world. Fun was had!!
First Attempt
Although we had a few cloudy days, that did not stop Sadie from going all out and spending the majority of her time in the lake. I never realized that she was so obsessed with swimming, retrieving and jumping off the dock, any chance she got. This was within the first hour of arriving at the cottage, Sadie did not waste anytime.
Second Attempt
I always thought that Sadie was a terrier mix of some sort, but after this past week I am now pondering what other breeds could be in the mix. Labrador Retriever? Spaniel?? Water Monkey??? It was an absolute thrill to watch her in the water. I had many laughs last week, all at the expense of my waterlogged dog, but I know she had a blast and I can't wait to get her on a dock again.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I enjoyed your post on this dock diving stuff. Maybe your dog has a water spaniel in his blood? speaking of dogs, for some Facebook fun tied to a feel-good cause to help dogs, pls check out Save a Dog: http://apps.facebook.com/save-a-dog/

Doberman Puppy said...

What a great idea! There is a lake not far from our town. I think I am going to try this dock diving with my Doberman. Thank for sharing this post!